To make our clinic as “Covid-19 safe” as possible you will notice we’ve made some changes when you arrive to help minimize any risk of transmission. Our reception area is temporarily closed with no walk-ins. Any non-essential items that could potentially transfer germs have been removed (magazines, appointment reminder cards, etc.).
We realize this may seem cold, but your safety is our #1 concern.
We will frequently be cleaning and disinfecting common areas with high touch surfaces including handles, phones, stools, desk & table surfaces. We are scheduling more time between appointments to do a thorough cleaning of the treatment room. The practice of handshaking and non-essential contact is discontinued for the time being. We are being proactive and take your health and safety very seriously. We thank you for your patience as we adapt to the new normal.
Before your appointment, we will need to confirm that you have not travelled outside of British Columbia in the previous 14 days. We will ask you to complete the BC COVID-19 self-assessment tool. Please cancel your appointment if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 which include:
- Fever (average normal body temperature is 37˚C)
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat and painful swallowing
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell
- Loss of appetite
If you have experienced any of the symptoms or had close contact with anyone with such symptoms, we ask that you be symptom-free for at least 14 days.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms and have not been tested for COVID-19, we recommend that you call 811.
If any therapist is experiencing any of the above symptoms, they will need to cancel their day.
Your informed consent will be required before you receive treatment…while we have taken measures to minimize the risk of viral transmission, the nature of massage therapy means that physical distancing is not possible in the treatment room.
If you’re experiencing any symptoms or feel unwell in any way we ask that you cancel your appointment.
- Your therapist will be wearing a mask.
- We recommend arriving no earlier than 5 mins before your appointment as our reception area is closed.
- Wait outside the front of the building & your therapist will come to get you when it’s time for your appointment.
- We will ask you to wash your hands upon your arrival.
- No friends or family are permitted to join you.
- We have removed all table warmers, heating pads & non-essential items from the treatment room.
- Your treatment room has been thoroughly cleaned & disinfected.
- Your therapist will wash their hands for 20 seconds before and after your treatment.
- Upon entry to the treatment room, your therapist will use hand sanitizer before your treatment begins.
- Your therapist will be wearing a mask duration of your treatment. Gloves are available for therapists use upon the patient’s request.
After your treatment
- We will ask you to wash your hands
- Our debit machine will be sanitized after each use.
- Your receipt will be emailed to you.
- Your therapist will now disinfect the treatment room for the next appointment.
We thank you for your patience as we go through this new process and find ways to manage this situation and care for everyone. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our clinic.
Alia wellness centre Team