Aromatherapy is relaxing massage therapy using massage oil or lotion that contains essential oils (highly concentrated plant oil). During an aromatherapy massage, you inhale these essential oil molecules or absorb them through your skin. They are thought to promote beneficial changes in your mind and body by affecting the limbic system, a region of the brain known to be involved in emotion.
By using essential oils in massage therapy we can ease chronic and acute muscle pain naturally, and offer deeper healing to our clients.
The essential oils in our bottles are substances that have been extracted from the plant. These oils are highly concentrated. For example, it takes approximately 50 rose flowers to create just a single drop of Rose oil. Because they are so concentrated, essential oils are precious. Even used sparingly, they can offer immense therapeutic benefits.
Aromatherapy is a complementary therapy. It does not provide a cure for diseases, rashes, or illnesses, but it can support conventional treatment of various conditions.
It has been shown to reduce:
- Pain and body aches
- Anxiety, agitation, stress, and depression
- Fatigue and insomnia
- Muscular aches
- Menstrual problems
Depending on patient needs and preferences, the practitioner may recommend a single oil or blend.
Who should avoid Aromatherapy?
People with certain chronic illnesses or conditions should not use aromatherapy without first consulting a doctor. These illnesses and conditions include:
- Lung conditions such as asthma, respiratory allergies, or chronic lung disease. Oils may cause airway spasms.
- Skin allergies. Some oils may cause skin irritation.
- Pregnancy. Pregnant women should not use aromatherapy.
Essential oils used during a typical aromatherapy treatment
Different oils have different uses and effects.
- Balsam fir inhibits the spread of microbes, provides pain relief.
- Cardamom is a spicy oil. Stimulates and clears the mind, increase the circulation of blood and oxygen.
- Eucalyptus is destructive to bacteria, inhibits the growth of fungus and viruses, relieves spasms and cramps.
- Frankincense is cell-regenerative for skin, healing for scars. Encourages emotional healing.
- Ginger reduces severity of nausea or vomiting, relieves spasms and cramps, stimulates the stomach and digestion.
- Grapefruit stimulates Immune function. Highly energetic, uplifting and cleansing.
- Helichrysum is helpful for skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis. Supports skin to heal.
- Lemon provides pain relief, stimulates immune function.
- Juniper Berry drives out negative forces. Prevents and relieves chronic rheumatic pain and swelling.
- Laurel Leaf helps focus and concentration, boosts confidence. Warming.
- Lavender is used as an antiseptic for minor cuts and burns and to enhance relaxation and sleep. Relieve headache and migraine.
- Palmarosa reduces fever, stimulates the skin to heal, destructive to bacteria.
- Patchouli balances an overactive mind, opens up the breath, healing for scars.
- Peppermint is a highly effective pain reliever. It is indicated if the pain is hot and inflamed, as Peppermint is cooling and anti-inflammatory.
- When pain comes from tight, stiff muscles, Rosemary does a great job. Rosemary increases circulation, which helps reduce inflammation, pain and muscle spasms.
- Vetiver cools the area, inhibits the growth of fungus and calm the nervous system.
- Ylang Ylang lovers high blood pressure, analgesic, antidepressant, skin-nourishing.
60 min and 90 min
$84 for 60 min, $126 for 90 min